Do you want to buy a house? If you are going to buy a house and it is the first time that you do it, you risk being a little lost. In the end, the decision to buy an apartment is not an easy one, and it’s even something you can only do once in your life.
Steps to Buying a Home for the First Time
If this is your case, don’t worry. At Tecnocasa, we are home sales experts with over 25 years of experience and we can help you resolve any doubts.
Read this article that we have prepared with the steps to buy a house to get started. If you still have doubts, contact your nearest office.
Let’s start at the beginning. The first step in finding a new home is to clearly identify your needs. Do you live alone or with your family? Do you need to live in the center or is it better to live on the outskirts?
By answering these types of questions, you will be able to determine the exact and essential characteristics that the property you are looking for must have.
The search for a house knowing what you want to buy and what characteristics the house must meet will allow you to find the right real estate solution in the shortest possible time. In this way, you will save effort and costs.
10 key questions to ask yourself before starting your research
- How much money should I buy to buy a house?
- Is it enough with the money I have in cash or do I have to take out a mortgage? And if I have to apply for a mortgage, how much of my income can I use to pay the mortgage?
- Where to look for a house? In which neighborhood? In which domain?
- Do I want to buy an apartment or prefer to buy a detached house?
- Is it important that the house is close to my place of work or do I prefer to live in the city center?
- What essential characteristics should the house I am looking for have?
- What are my family’s needs regarding our future home?
- Do I prefer a new or renovated small house or a large house to reform?
- Is it essential for me to have parking?
- What requirements should I ask for the house I am going to buy?
The most common requirements a buyer demands for their new home
- Age of the house
- State of the property
- Presence of elevator
- Balcony and / or terrace
- Community fees
- Existence of shops / businesses in the region
- Proximity to public transport
- Presence of green spaces
This is just one example of the doubts that can arise if you are looking to buy an apartment or a house.
If you know the answers before you start looking for a new house, you will avoid visiting houses that do not meet your needs or that are outside of your budget.
Once all of the above questions have been answered and you have a first idea of what you are looking for, this is when the information gathering process really begins.
Why trust a real estate professional to buy a house?
When you intend to buy a house and in order to avoid unpleasant surprises, you need to perform a series of preliminary checks.
These checks must be carried out directly by you or, failing that, by the real estate agency, if you wish to acquire your accommodation through it.
In the latter case, you can benefit from the experience and technical skills of an agent who knows and works on the real estate market daily, thereby reducing the risk of error.
The agent is used to real estate vocabulary, to the steps to follow, he knows perfectly the houses for sale in his region, so he can advise you with precision.
In addition, and this is very important, he knows the correct market price, so that the properties he offers you will have real value in line with the current real estate market.